Monday 4 August 2014

How i have lightened my hair



I always was a blonde. But as i grew older my hair started to go darker. Last winter it was almost light brown, not blond anymore. And i hated that change. I was using john frieda's shampoo "go blonder" for about a year, but it couldnt provide the effect i wanted. In the spring i decided that its time to dye my hair, and it may seem silly to most of you, but i was a little scared. It just that I've never dyed my hair before. I was blessed with natural highlights and hair in good condition without much being done. I was scared that I won't like my hair after or that the hairdresser is going to mess things up (it just has already happened toooo many times). So when I have found in the drugstore L'oreal Sunkiss Jelly I was pretty excited.Let me just copy for you the product desciption: "Get the sunkissed look with Casting Sunkiss Jelly. The fragrant and nourishing jelly is enriched with Camellia Oil, for an oh-so-sweet soft sunkissed look. Its delicate fragrance makes application a true pleasurable experience. The soft translucent leave-in jelly gradually lightens and is designed to create a long-lasting soft sunkissed look. All this, and no ammonia." And I must say it does what it claims to do. For me the most amazing part is that it does not dry my hair as 'go blonder'. My advice is to put it in your hair before spending time outside in the sun (before sunbathing for example) as the sun makes it works its best. Below you can see my before and after photos:






 PS: a warm welcoming hug for every new followers and for those who are still here with me even though I'm a crappy blogger

love,      
Anna

11 comments:

  1. I can't wait to try this product, great review :) Fab blog, I have followed you with Bloglovin and if you ever get the chance to check out my blog I would be delighted, thanks!

    Camille xo.

    www.cococami.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Chummy I need to try it! <3

    http://mathildasbeautylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No need for it mate, your hair is already the perfect color x

      Delete
  3. Hi. I'm going to use this product tomorrow and I was wondering a few things. Did you use it on dry or wet hair? And how many applications did it take? Thankyou.

    http://sumptuouselixir.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! I either used it on almost dry or dry hair. I believe i had used it in total 6 times. The first three was overnight and to be honest it wasnt working like i expected but then when i went on holiday i applied it before sunbathing (as it suggests on the product i'm just a dummie who thinks instructions are for morons) and that's when i finally saw a big difference :) i hope i helped you a bit, if you have any more questions feel free to ask x

      Delete
  4. Great review! Not sure if this will work with my dark hair, but your hair looks fab!

    Pinking of You

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great review. I´m very interested in this product, but I´m scared that it damaged my hair so much like the John Frida one. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think it will damage your hair. It feels and looks like a normal conditioner(but after a short time it sinks in and you can't really tell its there), it definitely did not dry out my hair at all, like john frieda did :) also if you feel like using gloves (as the producent suggests) i used it without and it did not damaged them, bonus-when i applied it with bare hands the product gave my hair that kind of beachy look and texture

      Delete
  6. I have been wanting to try this out for a while and think i may give it ago! I have Ombre hair so i want to keep the highlights strong but i find that the john freida go blonder range does dry out my hair. Thanks for the review.
    http://amytalks96.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete